Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ahhhh Youth!

So it's tuesday morning and I have LOTS of errands to run with a toddler in tow.   As we are making our way towards the freeway, two young late teens or early 20-somethings decide to cross the street against on-coming traffic.  They don't start until I am literally into the intersection... I start honking my horn, they simply look at me, I continue to honk my horn and the young girl looks back at me as she's crossing and flips me off.  At that moment, I realized,  I have mellowed to a small degree.  You see, at that fateful moment, I was ready to stop the car and yank little miss attitude's pony tail.  She's flipping me off because I am trying to keep her from getting killed?!  I must admit to being impressed with myself, I didn't roll down my window and yell at her either, which was my other temptation.  Nope, I simply smiled muttered something to myself then looked back to see my precious son giggling at me just 'cuz!  Yup, just another day rolling through the always testy streets of Stamford!

No comments:

Post a Comment